Don’t you just love a bargain? I sure do! My win today is finding one!
Since shopping for clothes is NOT my favorite past time, I only go when I really need to (and occasionally once I am well past due). Today, I had the pleasure of going shopping for a few new work clothes. I work in a business professional environment, and thus, wear suits about 80% of the time, and dresses the other 20%. The limited dress code makes deciding what to wear each morning a bit easier, but also makes wearing the same few garments week after week quite repetitive. Today, my goal was to get some new work outfits without breaking the bank…and I succeeded!
Express is offering their suits at 40% off. They also emailed me a coupon for $25 off every $75 spent. Combining both offers, I was able to get 2 pairs of pants, a skirt, and a blazer for just over $150! Pretty good, considering the suits that I purchased from Express over two years ago are still holding up well. Best of all, their “short” lengths fit my 5’1’’ body without being hemmed!
I considered purchasing a sleeveless shirt from Express to complete the outfits, but thought the $44.90 price tag was a bit steep. I thought I could find something else just as nice, and a bit less expensive…again, I succeeded, with a little help from my friends.
One of the friends I was shopping with, who frequents the mall much more often than I, suggested that I look in JC Penny. I had not been into JC Penny in decades. My most recent memory of it was buying knee socks and white button-down blouses there, for my
elementary school uniform. Upon entering this afternoon, I was pleasantly surprised by both the styles and the prices. They sell Mango, a trendy brand that was popular in Spain when I studied there a few years ago, among others.
Within a few minutes of entering JC Penny, I found, tried on, and purchased two Worthington sleeveless tops, one pink and one black . They were cute, and on clearance for $7.99 each. These two items, will mix and match well with the items from Express to create a few new “young professional” looks. I am looking forward to breaking in one of the new outfits on Monday.